Thursday, August 2, 2007

PSA from General Ursus

Lately, it seems I've had more than one conversation with a couple of you guys about girlfriends giving you trouble. I know it's hard to believe but the General had some troubles of his own a few years ago. Desperate I turned to a dating advice column on Ask Men called Doc Love. Once I got over my initial elitism I found it fairly insightful. At first it seemed like a bunch of macho B.S. (a la Tom Cruise in Magnolia), but when I dug a bit deeper I found that it was useful in not only clarifying a bunch of stuff I was confused about, but it actually taught me self-respect - something anyone (male or female) can take away from it.

Find a an article that closely resembles your situation and see if it doesn't help. It's worth a shot.

5 comments:

Ray said...

Chad-
I remember when you found out the site wasn't complete b.s. Now, one of us has to link to Phat Tree, pronto.

General Ursus said...

Those were the days weren't they? I feel if I look back on that period for too long I'll turn into a pillar of salt.

Get on it buddy. You found those treasures. Now it just boils down to which one to choose.

Ray said...

I actually went to the Ask Women site instead, and learned a hell of a lot.

Ray said...

Uh, what was the other Phat Phree article I was going to link to? I forgot.

General Ursus said...

I'm pretty sure you haven't forgotten considering you spent the better half of an afternoon laughing about it...something about your first gang bang.