Saturday, April 12, 2008

Tumbleweed Homes


Sarge, I especially posted this for you. I've heard about these tiny homes for awhile, and always thought they might be a good idea if you needed to have something sturdy, yet livable, but not too labor intensive to build (I guess you could buy them already built but that would be fairly expensive) . Of course, they're easily mobile as well. If I'm not married or have kids in the next few years, and I've got enough money saved up, I thought maybe one of these Tumbleweed Homes might be ideal on a plot of land somewhere.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Interesting concept. I can see how you could get wrapped in the romanticism of it all. The pictures of the houses nestled into the breathtaking landscape scenes especially made me want to tap into my inner Grizzly Adams...but my dreams were shattered as soon as that dumb little station wagon came into view. An old, rusted out, CJ-7 with nothing but a bikini top would have fit in much better.
At approximately $500 per square foot, I think you'd be better off building your own...start with a shed from Lowe's and then add what you need.

General Ursus said...

...or how 'bout a Tee Pee? I have friend from Colorado (he's actually the Mayor of Durango) who lived in one for three years.