Monday, December 24, 2007

Shopdropping

Karl Marx, the anarchist Mikhail Bakunin and Che Guevara adorn a shirt slipped onto a rack at a Target store in California.

While reading this article in the New York Times on the recent phenomenon of "shopdropping" by Anarchists and their religious counterparts, I thought of Sarge's Majority Rights group. Could this be a tactic to get the word out? I don't know boys, it just might be high time to get out of the Lazy Boys and get the creative juices flowing. Barnes and Noble, Target...where ever consumerism takes place is the battlefield. Hooah!

4 comments:

Dennis said...

I can't make up my mind on this one yet. Is this some sort of soft vandalism? No one's really getting hurt though, so maybe it's more like a practical joke.
I guess it depends on the goal of the message. The canned good art and the garage band promoting are novel ideas, but the political/religous messages seem kind of underhanded and sinister. These tactics are probably best lumped with the subtle measures of liberal left.

fistfullasteel said...

You know I'm in for some anarchy General, only problem is this new HDTV and XBOX 360 have planted my ass firmly onto the couch! Ahhhhh, the joys of living in America, so many cool gadgets and toys, so little time to revolt!!

General Ursus said...

Who's that guy who sang "The Revolution won't be Televised?" Your electronic induced sloth made me think of that song.

General Ursus said...

Gil Scott-Heron