Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Web of Destruction

Against my better judgement, I recently joined the Facebook ranks. What was kind of fun the initial few times, has turned into a smothering trap of interconnected keystrokes. It's seductiveness lures you deeper and deeper in, with all kinds of walls, newsfeeds, superwalls, quizes, comparisons, gifts, posts, in-boxes, wall-to-wall, comments, pokes, requests, and confirmations. In addition, every time anything even indirectly concerning me happens on Facebook, I'm notified by email to confirm, deny, ignore, or view what has happened! I can see how people become consumed with it. The complexity, yet triviality, is too much for me.

I've determined the Canteen is much preferred to Facebook, and propose we redirect all related traffic here.

1 comment:

General Ursus said...

It's just a "web" of endless choices.