Wednesday, October 3, 2007

That's Entertainment!


How many of you all know folks who got Halo 3 ASAR (As Soon As Released)? Seems to me video games are creeping up with TV, movies (& books & board games) as a popular, mainstream pastime. Mountain Dew has Halo 3 labels. My 18 year old (GIRL!) cousin pretty much grew up on Star Wars shooters--and Mario, of course.
For me, my step-dad (yes, over sixty) and my brother (mid-20's) both had the big release fired up on their 360's right away. I'll play it soon, but thought I'd play quickly through 1 & 2. For old time's sake. And you?

3 comments:

General Ursus said...

Will that work on a PS2? I'm a little bit behind.

Dert said...

Halo has so far been exclusive to XBOX (another Microsoft monopoly). I gotta say, I have been impressed with the XBOX 360...so much more then a game console. You can download movies and TV shows, network it to your computer and access any media on your TV, store music on the hard drive, watch DVDs. The modern hi-fi.

Dennis said...

My children were just given an X-Box from their older cousin as a hand-me-down. I have never been a gamer myself, and have resisted until now their repeated requests for the latest system.
That said, whether it be the X-Box, PS2, or whatever else is out there, they're all pretty impressive compared to the Atari of days of old.
I try to stay away from them because of their addictive nature (or maybe that's my addictive nature).
We are considering getting the Sony WII for the boys for Christmas though. It at least seems to have addressed the slothfulness issue that is often associated with video games. My wife wants the WII, however I'm gunning for a good old-fashioned Air-Hockey table.